As a rule, I had stopped accepting awards, but I couldn't refuse this award - Noblesse Oblige - from JEAN of JEAN'S MUSINGS. (I apologize to Jean for the late posting as some family concerns had kept me out of blogging. But better late than never - as the cliche' goes.)
Jean Knill is one very competent and versatile writer for Helium, Constant Content and many more. She is someone I admire so much, for the way she promotes friendship in the blogosphere. She's one blogger you could count on and one very helpful hand when you're in need of help. She reaches out to other bloggers regardless of race or creed. Furthermore, she exemplifies the following endearing characteristics ( as contained in the award), inspiring and encouraging other bloggers all over the world.
Below is the criteria of the award which I have copied verbatim from Jean:
- Start of excerpt
The recipient of this award is recognized for the following:
1) The Blogger manifests exemplary attitude, respecting the nuances that pervade among different cultures and beliefs.
2) The Blog contents inspire, strive to encourage and offer solutions.
3) There is a clear purpose at the Blog; one that fosters a better understanding on Social, Political, Economic, the Arts, Culture and Sciences and Beliefs.
4) The Blog is refreshing and creative.
5) The Blogger promotes friendship and positive thinking.
The Blogger who receives this award will need to perform the following steps:
1) Create a Post with a mention and link to the person who presented the Noblesse Oblige Award.
2) The Award Conditions must be displayed at the Post.
3) Write a short article about what the Blog has thus far achieved – preferably citing one or more older posts to support this.
4) The Blogger must present the Noblesse Oblige Award in concurrence with the Award conditions.
5) Blogger must display the Award at any location at the Blog.
- End of excerpt.
What has this blog achieved?
This blog was solely created to campaign against violence in children's TV shows. I wanted to let people become aware of the negative effects violence has on children. This campaign though, has been and still is being ignored by TV producers, directors and writers. "They patronize it, so let's give what they want," seems to be their dogma. It is like giving a child a knife - even when we know it's dangerous - because he likes to play with it. I'm quite aghast with the indifferent attitude of these TV people. What I can perceive is that AS LONG AS THEY EARN, THEN THERE IS NO NEED TO APPEASE THEIR CONSCIENCE.
If through my blog, one or two people become aware of this blog's campaign then I would be happy. Thanks Jean for this awesome award. I hope that I would continue to fulfill the purpose of the award .
I am passing on this award to one phenomenal blog which I had witnessed to sizzle through the blogosphere - like a shooting star: ZORLONE - authored by DOC ZORLONE. Doc Z, as most bloggers call him - is an internist in the field of internal medicine. What's amazing is that he is a brilliant poet and a superb writer too.
He writes for Helium, Triond and Associated Content. At Helium , he has earned several stars.
In the span of barely 4 months, he had managed to obtain PR2 and had gained more than 30 followers. His posts are well commented on and his readers come from different parts of the globe. It is with pride that I honor him with this award!
I also award ROY of THE STRUGGLING BLOGGER , for being an indomitable, true blogger. Roy has 13 blogs and he says there are still some that is not listed in his side bar. The following are his blogs:
- Be Inspired Now!
- Etsetera! Etsetera!
- Kapampangan Blog
- Letters To Mama
- Money OnLine
- more than just copy-paste
- Roysville dot Com
- Short Stories Blog
- Subukan Taya Ing Kapampangan!
- Sugar Coated World
- The House Of Puroy
He is one "struggling blogger" who serves as inspiration to bloggers for his audacity ( writing about sensitive topics), creativity ( he's a "flawless"poet and story teller too!) . He also is an enterprising businessman (read his Money on Line blog) , a down to earth writer and many more.
His dynamic persona is reflected through his variety of blogs. If anyone deserves this award - it is Roy.
Thanks to these two bloggers who made the blogosphere a better world to live in.